Do you own a Taotronics Humidifier and you don’t know how to maintain and clean it properly?
If your answer is YES?…
Then you must read through this article. Among other things, it will explain to you in clear terms, easy steps to clean the Taotronic Humidifier, maintenance tips, etc.
The Taotronics Humidifier can add moisture to improve the quality of air in your bedroom and office. This can help to relieve allergies, asthma, nasal congestion, common cold, skin and eye dryness.
Also, based on my research I found out that the flu virus doesn’t spread well in humidity. Little wonder according to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers, the Taotronics Humidifier is considered one of the best humidifiers you can buy on Amazon.
Easy guide on how to clean a Taotronic Humidifier
Nobody wants a dirty humidifier. Besides affecting the life-span of the device, it can serve as a breeding ground for mold, germs, viruses, and bacteria.
All the above can make using a humidifier counter-productive as it can help spread bacteria and other deadly microorganisms into the air.
Consequently, it can reduce the quality of air in your home, and also put you and your family’s health at risk.
So, if you are considering buying a Taotronics humidifier, or you already own one, you must clean it regularly. This helps to enhance its performance and makes it work much more efficiently and productively.
Additionally, from my own experience, I think quite a several people find it intimidating to clean their humidifier. Maybe they find the users manual quite complicated to understand.
However, for those using the Taotronics humidifier, consider yourself lucky as this article will provide a simple step-by-step guide, you can easily follow to clean your humidifier.
Before we get started, you’ll need the following items to clean your humidifier:
- Vinegar (white)
- Peroxide or bleach
- A soft and bristle toothbrush
Now let’s get down to business. if you have all of the above available…, then follow these 7 steps to have your Taotronics humidifier properly cleaned.
Step 1: The first simple step you should take is to unplug your humidifier. You have to do it to prevent it from getting damaged. Sounds easy right?
Step 2: Secondly, you should gently remove the air-filter and clean it thoroughly. If the filter looks dirty, don’t hesitate to use water (preferably distilled) to clean it. Then allow to set and dry or use a clean towel to dry it up.
Step 3: After you ‘ve taken off the filter from the humidifier, then you can carefully take off the water tank and the transducer. However, make sure you don’t force these parts to come apart. Just disassemble the unit with care.
Step 4: Next you clean the tank or base by filling it with white vinegar. You must make sure it’s filled, then you allow it to sit for about 30 minutes. Afterward, you pour out the white vinegar and use a soft-bristle toothbrush to scrub off any grime-covered spots.
Step 5: Also you should clean the transducer by pouring some white vinegar on it. Then add a small amount of warm water and wait for 3 to 5 minutes. Brush off the transducer gently and rinse off the vinegar.
Step 6: You can soak a cloth in vinegar, and then use it and water to clean the remaining parts of the humidifier that cannot be easily detached. This will help inhibit the accumulation of dust, molds, and germs.
Step 7:finally you thoroughly rinse your machine. To ensure your humidifier doesn’t retain vinegary smell, you have to rinse the tank and base with warm water. You might have to rinse several times before you can finally get rid of the smell. Then let it air dry completely.
Maintenance tips for your Taotronics Humidifier
You can prolong the life-span of your humidifier and also enhance its performance level by adhering strictly to the maintenance tips enumerated below.
- Don’t ever remove the power plug with wet hands. This is dangerous as it can cause electrical shock.
- Don’t place your humidifier directly under sunlight or close to any heat source.
- Always ensure you set the humidity level of your humidifier between 40%-55%.
- Don’t use your humidifier in a space larger than the specified area it can cover. This can reduce machine effectiveness.
- If you notice your humidifier is faulty, always seek professional technician or electrician for repairing.
- Always endeavor you keep your humidifier away from children.
- If you’re not going to use your humidifier for a long period, clean it regularly and store in a cool and dry place.
- If by chance you smell anything unusual or hear any faulty sound, immediately turn off your humidifier.
- Also, keep your humidifier away from any appliances that are prone to humidity damage.
- Make sure you use distilled water to fill your humidifier. Also, don’t forget to change the water regularly.
- Always allow your machine to dry completely before storing it.
- Always ensure to disinfect the tank of your humidifier. Hydrogen peroxide or water-bleach mixture is used as a disinfectant.
The Taotronics Humidifier is considered one of the best humidifiers out there in the markets. Its features are users friendly. It has a 1-year warranty and can be used to improve the quality of air in our environment.
To keep your humidifier performing at the top level, you must ensure to maintain and clean it properly.
Let me ask you a question…
Will you drink water from the same cup every day without rinsing it or will you rinse it after each use? Well I know you would probably prefer the latter.
Finally, how often you use your humidifier determines how often you clean it. For example, If you use it every day, you should clean it weekly. Also, it’s advisable to replace your Taotronics Humidifier every 3 to 5 years.