If you suffer from eczema and you’re wondering if a humidifier can help in any way, the answer is yes, and this article is about my experience and a review of the best humidifier for eczema.
If anyone had told me a few months ago that a humidifier can be used to treat or manage eczema effectively…, well, I probably wouldn’t have bought it. This is because I wrongly thought this chronic skin condition can’t be managed effectively.
Below I recommend the best humidifier for eczema, and what I learned while researching eczema and how humidifiers can help.
Best Humidifier For Eczema
After carrying out extensive research, I was able to come up with 5 types of humidifiers well suited for people with eczema:
#1. Geniani with Timer
It has a 2L water tank and 360-nozzle that regulate the direction of air streams. This device can create a humidified air that helps keep your skin smooth and shiny.
- Touch control
- 24/7 customer support
- Automatic shutdown
- Ultrasonic whisper quiet technology for non-distracting sleep and work
- It’s fast and easy to use
- it has a relaxing night light, hence it can help a baby fall asleep easily.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty(purchase is risk-free)
- it’s easy to clean and maintain.
- Helps to alleviate eczema
- Since it has no filter, it always requires the use of distilled water.
- Some people still find quite noisy when compared.
#2. Fochea Ultrasonic
It comes with a 3.5L tank capacity that can emit water vapor into the air for a full night. it’s perfect for modern homes and offices and doesn’t produce excess noise. Moreover, it has 3 holes instead of a nozzle. it is suitable for the relief of eczema and other skin diseases.
- Super Quiet Operation
- Waterless Auto Shut-Off
- Adjustable Mist Output
- Ultrasonic Technology
- Safety Function
- The tank is easy to clean because of the large opening
- It’s noiseless when in operation.
- It has a premium design
- The moisturizing output is good
- It has a long working time of 13hrs-14hrs
- It helps to prevent skin conditions like eczema, dry skin, etc.
- It’s quite expensive
- Because of the angle, the mist is expelled, it, therefore, falls downwards, hence it gets the floor wet.
#3. Guardian Technologies PureGuardian
Featuring a 0.5-gallon tank capacity and a work time of about 30 hours. What distinguishes it from other humidifiers is its Silver Clean Protection Feature. This feature helps to prevent the growth of mold particularly on the surface of the tank.
- Space-Saving Design
- Directional Mist Nozzle
- 3 Speed Settings
- Optional Night Light
- Refill Indicator Light
- Automatic Shut Off When Empty
- Ultrasonic Technology with Cool Mist
- The silver clean protection system can inhibit the growth of molds and mildew
- It’s cheap to buy
- It’s silent when in operation
- It can help relieve eczema, cold and flu
- it’s easy to use
- You can position the mist nozzle to any direction
- It may be too small to satisfy some people needs
#4. Pure Enrichment MistAire Silver
It has a 1.5L capacity tank and can last for up to 24hours. It can effectively humidify a large area of space, hence it’s ideal for the living room and bedroom.
- Whisper-Quiet Operation
- Auto Safety Shut-Off and Night Light
- It boasts of a 360-degree nozzle that evenly distributes mist throughout the room
- AC Adapter
- Disk Cleaning Brush
- Humidifier base
- It has a longer run time than most humidifiers
- It has good room coverage
- The power light can automatically turn off. Hence it won’t disturb your sleep.
- It’s neither too small nor too big; it’s very portable.
- It can effectively relieve people of their dry skin conditions
- It can be a bit difficult to clean
#5. BONECO 7142
It has the capability to cover about 860 square feet. It can disperse 3.5 gallons of mist in 24 hours. Because of this, it’s suitable for large rooms. Further, it’s great for any time of the year because it gives you the option of both warm mists, and cold mists.
- Programmable Hygrostat
- whisper-quiet operation
- Large tank
- It’s noiseless in operation
- The hygrostat can be programmed
- It has a double jet nozzle that helps maximum dispersion of mist
- It’s a germ-free humidifier that can alleviate allergies and eczema conditions
- It’s quite expensive.
What is Eczema?
Eczema is known as Atopic Dermatitis is a medical condition that makes patches of the skin become inflamed, scratchy, dry, and red.
Nobody can pinpoint the actual cause of eczema. Although, some medical experts believe it can be triggered by the body’s immune system response to an irritant. And it’s mostly found in families with a history of allergies. Also, some people react to certain creams and detergents. This reaction may equally cause eczema.
- The appearance of itchy patches on any part of the skin, but usually common on the face.
- Affected parts are usually dry and scaly.
- The appearance of rashes on affected parts, face, hands, and feet
- Appearance in dark-skinned people may be lighter or darker, while in fair-skinned people, it’s usually reddish before it turns brown.
Types of eczema
Since eczema can come in different forms, people suffer from different types of eczema. Here are the common types of eczema:
- Contact Dermatitis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Stasis Dermatitis
- Nummular Eczema
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Dyshidrotic Eczema
Prevention of Eczema
Eczema can be prevented or alleviated through the following ways:
- You should use a humidifier in your room particularly when sleeping
- Moisturize regularly
- Try to avoid using detergents, soaps, and creams that can cause reactions in your skin
- You should avoid eating foods that may trigger allergies or any other outbreak.
- Avoid sweating profusely and also overheating.
Why a Humidifier is Used For The Treatment of Eczema
Dry air can aggravate eczema and make sufferers crave for soothing relief.
If you experience serious eczema, then try to keep your body moisturized to avoid flare-up and also alleviate the condition.
A Humidifier plays a major role in improving the moisture in the air. The moisture prevents dry skin and helps to keep the skin soft and smooth. It also protects your skin from conditions, like eczema, dry skin, etc.
Since there is no permanent treatment for eczema, it’s left for you to look for ways to alleviate the condition if you’re afflicted with it.
One effective way to alleviate this condition is to buy an ideal humidifier for eczema.
It’s advisable before you buy a humidifier that can best alleviate your eczema, you should consider the following 6 tips:
- Maximum moisture output is essential
- Warranty is important.
- Large tank capacity
- Rotatable nozzle
- Safety features to prevent accidents.
- Low or Zero noise level.
Best Hot Air Furnace Humidifier
Best Small Humidifier For Sinus Problems
Best Humidifier for Asthma and Allergies